Numerous plans that significantly reduce tuition costs
Financing your studies at MBS
A GRANDE ECOLE THAT GIVES ITS STUDENTS EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED
- More than 25 years of experience
- More than 1600 students on work-study programmes
- An unlimited number of places
- A recognized ranking: 1st Business School in France for work-study (Le Parisien 2021) and 6th for professionalization (Financial Times 2021)
MBS allows its students to benefit from a temporary contract to work 10 hours per week in one of its departments. Work hours are adapted to students’ time schedule and academic imperatives.
These students, called “monitors”, receive a monthly salary during six to eight months. Selection is based on financial resources. Aspiring students must complete a motivation interview.
Montpellier Business School various departments offer student jobs for about 9 months, 10 hours per week. Students benefit from a temporary contract. Selection is made on students’ professional skills and in response to departments’ specific needs.
At any time during their curriculum, students can apply for a scholarship which will be awarded on the basis of academic, social and attendance criteria.
The Excellence Scholarships exempt students from all tuition fees for the whole duration of their studies.
The International Excellence Scholarships allow deserving students from developing countries to come to Montpellier for the last two years of the Grande Ecole Programme without having to worry about their living expenses and tuition fees.
App’titude Scholarships are offered to apprentices, as a complement to their remuneration, to help them cope with the unforeseen costs of their training (transport, double accommodation, etc.).
MBS covers the costs of studying abroad so that financial considerations do not interfere with students’ motivation and ambition. Indeed, the school covers the additional tuition fees charged by some partner universities. Students only need to pay their tuition fees to Montpellier Business School, regardless of the fees charged by the host university.
MBS Employees’ scholarship is dedicated to a Bachelor or Master (Grande Ecole) programme student and will come as a deduction from its tuition’s fees. Financed by MBS employees, the scholarship congratulates skills, academic level and potential of students who otherwise couldn’t pursue their studies due to financial barriers.
MBS Alumni scholarship aims at gathering Montpellier Business School’s graduates around an action related to equal opportunities: the financing of all or part of the tuition fees of a student selected on academic and social criteria.
The CROUS grant is awarded to students in initial training who are pursuing their higher education studies based on social criteria, particularly family income.
Apply for your grant and accommodation online at etudiant.gouv.fr
For more information, contact the CROUS of Montpellier Occitanie:
- Scholarships 04 73 34 64 14
- Accommodation 04 67 41 50 44 or 04 67 41 50 35
The ERASMUS + scholarship: allocated to MBS students of the Bachelor and Grande Ecole programmes who carry out an internship or an academic exchange in a country of the European zone, for a period of 2 to 12 months. Without income condition, this scholarship is indexed on the standard of living of the country in which the student is going. Students in apprenticeship contract are eligible to this scholarship.
The Occitanie region shcolarship: find more information here.
MBS also works in partnership with several associations and organisations that offer specific scholarships to our students under certain conditions:
The Jacques Lambert Foundation scholarships: these scholarships are awarded to first year students of the Grande Ecole Programme, of French nationality, selected on the basis of social and academic criteria. The scholarship is worth €2,500 and is paid directly to the institution on behalf of the beneficiary.
The Eiffel Scholarships: these scholarships are funded by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and enable French higher education and research institutions to attract the best foreign students to their Master’s and PhD programmes.
The duration ranges from 12 to 24 months depending on the type of degree. Eiffel scholarship holders receive a monthly allowance of €1,181 (€1,700 at PhD level), and several services are covered: international transport, national transport, insurance, help with finding accommodation, cultural activities, etc.
The Rotary Club scholarships: these €2,000 scholarships are awarded to students in the Bachelor’s and Grande Ecole programmes on the basis of academic and social criteria. Each year, the Rotary Club contributes to supporting MBS in its Equal Opportunities policy.
Jane Klausman Prize of the Zonta International Foundation: a prize for excellence of $2,000 to $5,000 for young women pursuing higher education in the field of business at a university or business school. More information here.
ALL LATIN AMERICA – Fundación Beca
”We help people who do not have sufficient economic resources and want to achieve a higher educational level.”
- Being Latin American or Mexican
- Be over 21 years old
- Have completed a master’s or bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of 8/10 in the immediate previous grade
How to apply
Fill out an application online, then do an interview.
MEXICO – FUNED(-CONACYT) scholarship
“FUNED MAESTRÍAS consists of a package with funds directly applied to the payment of the tuition of the university where the master’s studies will be carried out.”
It rewards students enrolled into the top 200 universities in the world.
The funds of this call are made up of: 10% scholarship from FUNED + 90% credit from Eduk Pro. The total support of the scholarship plus the credit will be from $5,000 to $30,000 US dollars.
- Being Mexican
- Having an official acceptance letter from a face-to-face, online or hybrid Master’s program at one of the top 200 universities or top 100 programs in the world according to the QS or Financial Times (for MBA) world rankings
- Have a professional degree or be in the process of obtaining it
- Have a minimum average of 8
- Have at least 1 year of verifiable work experience
- Have a good credit history according to the report issued only by the Credit Bureau
- Have a Mexican guarantee, economically solvent, resident in Mexico, under 65 years of age, with a good credit history, owner of real estate, free of liens, whose value is at least 2.5 times the total amount of support (FUNED + Eduk Pro)
- Provide a coaval (second guarantee) of income, when the system requests it
How to Apply
Download the convocation and the FUNED guide, register and fill out the application form and submit the online file.
PERU – PRONABEC scholarships
Multiple scholarship opportunities for Peruvian students.
- Beca Generación del Bicentenario
” It is an annual contest carried out by the National Program of Scholarships and Educational Credit (Pronabec). It is aimed at Peruvian citizens with high academic performance and insufficient economic resources, who wish to study a master’s degree or a doctorate at one of the best universities in the world.”
- Becas de cooperación internacional
“If you want to study a university degree (undergraduate or postgraduate), short courses or specializations abroad, you can apply for an international cooperation scholarship.”
UNITED STATES – FACC Foundation Serge-Bellanger scholarship
“The French-American Chamber of Commerce Foundation (FACC Foundation) was launched in 2012 to sponsor the training and education of the next generation of transatlantic business leaders. Through its highly selective “Serge Bellanger French-American Business Scholarship Program”, the FACC Foundation provides financial support to French students seeking to pursue an MBA in the U.S., and to American students who wish to pursue an MBA, a Master’s degree or a Mastère Specialisé in a business-related discipline in France.”
A worth of $10.000.
GHANA – Ghana Education Trust (GET) Fund
“The Program provides financial, social, and academic support to Scholars. Financial support includes, but is not limited to, tuition fees, accommodation, and other scholastic materials.”
ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
INDIA – Funding opportunities for prospective Indian students
WeMakeScholars makes it easier for Indian students to find scholarships to pursue their studies abroad and helps students in applying for education loans that match their profile. As an initiative funded and supported by the Ministry of IT, Govt. of India, all the services offered are free of cost.
WeMakeScholars has a database of over 26,000 International Scholarships from various benefactors.They are currently associated with 12 top lenders in India, which includes public sector banks like State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda (BOB), as well as private banks and NBFCs, making education financing a smooth journey for Indian students.
To get in touch, kindly contact their support team by phone +91-8341124424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian students can directly start their education loan process- Apply online here!
INDIA – Charpak scholarship
“This scholarship is designed for one to two years of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.”
Monthly allowance of €840, student visa, social security, help with finding accommodation
- be an Indian national or an OCI card holder
- be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be a student currently enrolled in or have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- have applied for admission at a French institution, before applying for the scholarship. For admission procedure, please contact your nearest Campus France office in India or refer to the website of the institution of your choice
- the course must take place in France (if you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period)
- an exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may re-apply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level, nature of the master programme and a new statement of purpose.
- non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship
- knowledge of French is an asset but not mandatory to apply for the scholarship
THAILAND – Franco-Thai scholarship
“The Franco–Thai Scholarship Program aims to support Thai students under the age of 35 who intend to study in French universities or Higher Education Institutions, at Master’s degree or PhD level.”
GERMANY – DAAD Langzeitdozenturen
Scholarship database for German students.
SPAIN – AVENIR scholarship
“The AVENIR Excellence Scholarships are consolidated as a bilateral cooperation program in the field of training. Promoted by the French Embassy in Spain and by the Spanish Embassy in France, in collaboration with the Diálogo Association, these scholarships facilitate training at the higher education level in the neighboring country.”
€7.000 for a Master in the field of Science, or a Master in Humanities.
How to apply
Fill an online application
OTHER EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIP OPTIONS
Here is a link to the Campus France scholarship database where you can search by country of origin and be provided with all the details needed to apply for a scholarship.
French Embassy & l’Institut Francais Financed scholarships
The French Embassy and/or l’Institut Francais from your country of origin may be giving out scholarships for this programme.
Montpellier Business School students benefit from preferential rates and exemption periods adapted to their studies with certain partner banks: Banque Populaire du Sud, BNP Paribas, Caisse d’Epargne and Société Générale.
Montpellier Business School grants 0% interest loans to students who have difficulty financing their studies and who have not been able to obtain a student bank loan because they do not have a guarantor.
The Honorary loan, the amount of which varies according to the student’s financial situation, is deducted from the tuition fees.
These loans are repayable from the time of graduation according to the following terms and conditions:
- Repayment over a period not exceeding 24 months for loans up to 5000 euros.
- Repayment over a period not exceeding 36 months for loans over 5000 euros.
These State-guaranteed student loans are available from participating banks for a maximum amount of €20,000 and are available to students of French nationality and under 28 years of age, with no personal or parental guarantee and no means test required. More details on the BPI loans here.
Click here to find out about the financial aid for the Grande Ecole Programme.
Click here to find out more about the financial aid for the Bachelor Programme.