Montpellier has all the qualities to study in the best conditions
Live in Montpellier
Montpellier, the place to be
- 43% of Montpellier’s population is under 30 years old
- 4th best city to live in France in 2020 according to reference magazine L’Etudiant
- Top level professional teams in the major sports: handball, rugby, football…
- Numerous cultural events and museums where students can discover artistic works from France and abroad
- Montpellier is ideally located: 10 km from the sea, a few hours from the first ski resorts, and 3 hours from Barcelona and Paris
Montpellier, the student city
With more than 75 000 students, Montpellier’s cosmopolitan side makes the city appealing.
Montpellier, the sporty city
Montpellier has many infrastructures for practicing sports, and top level teams in the major sports. Several times champion of France or finalist in handball, football, rugby and water polo, Montpellier was furthermore recognised as the 2nd most sporty city in France in 2015 by the L’Equipe newspaper.
Montpellier, the cultured city
Montpellier is the scene of many cultural events that have become iconic in their fields. For example, Montpellier’s dance festival is now known all over the world. It also has several museums and cultural centres, which enables discovering artistic works as well as French and foreign artists.
Montpellier, the summer city and its hinterland
Montpellier is close to the sea. By car, it is 20 minutes away from the nearest beaches: Carnon, la Grande Motte, Palavas… or westward to Sète, its fishing port and Théâtre de la Mer. Don’t forget the hinterland with its natural sites or places of historical interest: St-Guilhem-le-Désert, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Lac du Salagou, the Pic St-Loup…