BECOME A DOCTOR (Dr.) OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
DEVELOP YOUR MANAGEMENT PRACTICES THROUGH RESEARCH
Our Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is aimed at consultants, entrepreneurs, executives and managers. The MBS DBA is designed for those who wish to fast track their career and benefit from a theoretical perspective on the subject of their choice while remaining close to the practical realities of their companies or institutions..
The DBA is offered in 3 different delivery systems:
- the Digital DBA (fully online)
- the International DBA: International DBA: each class follows its course in a foreign country (China, African countries, etc.)
- the Customized DBA, supervised from the MBS campus.
- Diploma course | PhD (8 years after the Baccalaureate)
- Duration: 3 years | Part-time
- Target audience: consultants, entrepreneurs, executives and managers
- Prerequisites: Master’s degree + 5 years of professional experience or Bachelor + 8 years of professional experience.
Why pursue a DBA?
- To be recognised as a Doctor of Business Administration.
- Work on concrete issues with the support of experienced academic supervisors.
- Acquire key research skills that will help you understand and solve management problems.
- Build a strong network, both within the academic and business world (with great networking opportunities throughout the DBA).
- Join the MBS alumni network of over 19,000 graduates worldwide.
- Challenge your management practices and put them into perspective.
- Acquire and use the latest trends and knowledge in the various fields of management.
- Meet a growing need among managers and leaders for conceptualisation, writing, publishing and knowledge transfer skills.
- Become an interesting candidate for higher education institutions to give occasional lectures or to start your academic career.
- Publish in reputable international academic and professional journals and work on your personal branding.
DBA candidates are assessed on face-to-face and online courses.
Each year, progress will be assessed by a DBA Supervisory Committee. The degree will be awarded after defense before an Academic Quality Committee. If candidates are unable to complete their thesis within 3 years, they may apply for an extension (with associated fees) for up to 2 additional years.
All MBS supervisors have frequently published their papers in top academic journals such as the Financial Times 50, CNRS, ABS, ABDC… (e.g. Academy of Management Review, Journal of Marketing Research, Human Relations, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Banking & Finance.).
All MBS supervisors have experience and/or strong connections with the private sector. They have also developed other intellectual contributions giving their work more impact (case studies, books…).
- Master’s degree with about 5 years of professional experience or a Bachelor’s degree with about 8 years of professional experience.
- Experience in top or middle management, consultants, entrepreneurs…
- Commitment to write a short research proposal (5-10 pages) by the end of the first year.
Our recruitment process is open to a diversity of talents, careers and professional situations. Please contact us if you would like to know more about your eligibility.
Terms and conditions / fees
Please contact us for more information on application procedures and fees.
If you have any questions or would like to receive the programme brochure, please contact us at: email@example.com