Découvrez les dispositifs Alternance et Stages de MBS
Work-study programmes, gap years and internships
WORK-STUDY PROGRAMMES, A PATH TO EXCELLENCE AND EMPLOYABILITY
As a pioneer and expert in work-study programmes, Montpellier Business School relies on its expertise, its network of partner companies and one of the largest Career Centers in France to offer personalised support to each student.
During a work-study programme, tuition fees are paid in full by the company, which also pays the student.
The work-study system at MBS:
- 25+ years of experience
- More than 1600work-study students
- An unlimited number of places
Recognised ranking: the top business school in France for work-study programmes (Le Parisien 2021) and 6th for professional training (Financial Times 2021)
UNDERSTANDING THE WORK-STUDY SYSTEM
- The work-study system allows students to follow a degree course alternating between periods of theoretical training and periods working in a company.
- Work-study training courses have the same level of requirements as courses followed on a “continuous” basis and lead to the same degree.
- In a work-study programme at MBS, the student does not pay any tuition fees: they are fully covered by their host company.
- International students who wish to follow a work-study programme must be fluent in French.
THE BENEFITS OF WORK-STUDY TRAINING IN A GRANDE ECOLE BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Immediate application of theoretical studies in the company
- Developing solid professional experience during studies, which is recognised and valued by companies
- The host company must pay the tuition fees for the work-study contract year
- Remuneration by the host company
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORK-STUDY TRAINING AT MONTPELLIER BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Schedule: 3 weeks in a company / 1 week on campus
- More time spent in the company
- Missions throughout France
- More responsibility in the content of assignments
- Support from the Career Center
- Exclusive access to offers from our network of work-study students, graduates and corporate partners
- Group coaching sessions
- The opportunity to meet with a Career Consultant for personalised support from experienced HR and recruitment professionals.
THE GAP YEAR: FROM PERSONAL MATURITY TO PROFESSIONAL ORIENTATION
At MBS, students of the Grande Ecole Programme generally take advantage of a gap year to work on their personal and professional maturity. Any student may apply for an optional gap year during their studies, without being subject to additional tuition fees.
- The majority of students choose to do an internship in a company, which helps to clarify their career plans through the real-life application of managerial skills during a long-term assignment.
- The gap year can also take a variety of forms to deepen and confirm the student’s choices in the final year of the programme or to add distinctive skills to their experience:
- Humanitarian and solidarity work
- Professional activity
- International experience
- Student entrepreneurship
INTERNSHIPS: DEVELOPING YOUR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Regardless of the programme chosen, students in the Bachelor’s, Grande Ecole and Master of Science programmes have the opportunity to do one or more internships at the end of their study.
These internships may be compulsory and/or optional, depending on the programme and year of study. They allow students to discover the business world and to acquire professional experience, which is highly valued by recruiters. They also help students to progress from theory to practice and to develop soft skills in the field: self-confidence, team spirit, curiosity, listening skills, etc.
To find out more about the MBS internship programme, download the brochure for the chosen programme.