As part of its renewed emphasis on development and internationalisation, Montpellier Business School is to launch 9 new Masters of Science (MSc) programmes in September 2019.
Like the existing 6 MSc, these new programmes will be offered 100% in English and accessible to French and international students who are holders of a Bachelor’s degree (Baccalaureate + 3 years of higher education) or equivalent. The various MSc courses, which last from 10 to 18 months, allow students to specialise in a particular field of study or to obtain a dual qualification.
“Since 2016, the 6 MScs deployed by MBS have seen significant growth and a 40% increase in staff numbers in 2018,” says Dr Denis Lescop, Director of the Bachelor and MSc programmes. “They also enjoy great international recognition: in the QS ranking of the best Master’s degrees in Management and Finance, the MSc in Finance is ranked 9th in France and the MSc in Marketing 7th in France “.
Meeting new expectations
Building on this success, Montpellier Business School has decided to strengthen its international footprint by developing 9 new programmes that meet market expectations. The latter are collectively identified by the Directorate of MSc programmes, MBS faculty members and partner companies.
“The new MScs are structured around themes on which MBS has a strong reputation, both in terms of research (Responsible Finance, Microcredit, Fintech, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchains, Supply Chain, Big Data, Data Sciences) and pedagogy (Design thinking). They highlight France and Occitanie region’s major economic assets (Food and Wine, Tourism and Hospitality, French Excellence)“, says Dr Denis Lescop. “These MSc programmes will also enrich and promote the cultural diversity of our campus by opening up to a wide range of candidates from different horizons and backgrounds”.
3 themes, 15 MSc degrees
MBS will thus propose a complete offer of 15 MSc degrees, structured around 3 main themes:
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Energy & Environmental Finance
- Specialised MSc in Responsible Finance : financial inclusion, microfinance & social innovation
- Specialised MSc in Innovative Finance : Fintech, blockchain & cryptocurrencies
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Digital Management
- Specialised MSc French Excellence, Luxury & Fashion
- Specialised MSc in Food & Wine Management
- Specialised MSc in Tourism & Hospitality Management
BUSINESS & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT:
- MSc in Lean Operations Management
- MSc in Supply Chain Management
- MSc in International Business
- MSc in Management Through Design
- MSc in Global Business
- Specialised MSc in Data Sciences, Big Data & Artificial Intelligence