Certificate – NEW TRENDS IN SPORTS BUSINESS
June 29 – July 10, 2020
Bachelor, Master students – English B1 min.
What does the future of sport business look like? What are the latest trends driving the business of sport? How can you be part of this growing industry ?
The sports industry is one of the world’s most popular and profitable industries. The global sports market reached a value of nearly $488.5 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% to nearly $614.1 billion by 2022.
This program provides students with an expansive view of various sport markets and with particular emphasis on the latest trends and management, from fan experience to connected sports and new business models in international sport events.
The following topics will be mastered in the program: sport innovation, sport events management, sport marketing, sport tourism, e-sport, sport sponsorship, professional and amateur sport.
Course aims :
- Get basic knowledge of actual and expected trends in the sport industry
- Explore sports leaders strategies
- Understand how sports leaders can take advantage of new technologies
- Explore new sport business models
- Understand how e-sport is impacting traditional sports
- Gain experience in the sports industry through the completion of a class project “Olympics Games – Vision 2050”
- Identify how you can be part of the sports scene
What makes this course so special/a great investment for students ?
– Small class size for maximum interactions and excellent teacher/students ratio
– International exposure
– Field trips : Sport Break (connected sports), Baseball5 game…
– Business game “Olympics Games – Vision 2050” and real case studies
– Conviviality and Fun
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are interested in pursuing your career in the sports industry, and want to gain a better understanding of the new trends in the sports industry;
- You’d like to work in the sports area and would like to identify which sport industry would suit you best;
- You are on an entrepreneurial journey and want to detect new business opportunities.
Focus on a specific topic to improve your skills.
INTRODUCTION TO BIG DATA AND BUSINESS ANALYTICS
June 29 – July 3, 2020
Master, MBA students – English B1 min.
With the advent of massive digitalization and integration of business processes, huge amount of data is generated across the applications. Managing and processing data is becoming increasingly difficult with the conventional techniques and tools. Big data analytics is a domain that deals with analysis of huge and heterogeneous data. The course focuses on Big Data analysis, existing frameworks, techniques and its real-world applications.
This course will help you understand :
- Why big data is important to you and your organization,
- What technology you need to manage it,
- How big data could change your job, your company, and your industry,
- How to hire, rent, or train the people who make big data work,
- The key success factors in implementing any big data project,
- How big data is leading to a new approach to managing analytics.
July 6 – July 10, 2020
Master or PhD students. English B2 min.
This course will enable you to develop and utilize the most appropriate methodology for your research studies or thesis. The objective of this course is to impart research skills to beginners, as well as helping to improve the quality of research by the existing researchers. You will be exposed to various facets of research methodology including literature review, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, as well as employing simulation-based techniques for analysis.
DOING BUSINESS IN EUROPE, A PRACTICAL APPROACH
July 13 – July 17, 2020
Bachelor, Master students – English B1 min.
How to sell in Europe: 5 key elements that every business student should know about Doing Business within the European Union.
The European Union, with 27 countries, close to 500 million customers, and an average income per capita of close to 40,000 USD, is one of the most sophisticated and natural markets in the world. Doing business in the old continent can be tricky but can also be a profitable reality for many international companies.
Learn the key elements to :
- identifying the commercial opportunities,
- where to look at the restrictions,
- how to build a sustainable strategy,
- understand the current trends in Europe.
Throughout the programme, participants will interact in group projects and study cases, where they will apply and experiment the concepts developed in the course.
Field trips and extra-curricular activities: Make the most of the South of France !
. Discover the heart of Montpellier and its’ unique ambiance: a mix of bustling university town, medieval center of learning, 19th-century flamboyance, and progressive contemporary city.
. Learn to play « Pétanque », the sport that is closest to French hearts !
. Relax at the “terrasse” of a wine bar, in the fading sun, refreshed by a cool breeze…
. Field trips to local companies will allow participants to understand the economic strength of Montpellier and surroundings.
May 1st, 2020 for non-European participants
May 31st, 2020 for European participants
Early bird registration deadline: April 30th, 2020
Early Bird fee
(register before April 30, 2020)
Certificate “New trends in Sport Business”
Single modules : 1 module
What’s included in my programme fee:
- Courses (15 hours/module)
- Official transcript of records based on the ECTS system. Transcripts will be sent by email approximately one month after the end of the programme. For additional transcripts to be sent by express airmail, there will be a charge of 25€..
- Cultural and Company visits
- Airport or Train station pick up on the indicated dates and transfer to accommodation
- Public transportation card for the duration of the programme (valid for public transports in Montpellier and its urban area)
- Welcome coffee & Farewell cocktail
Not included in the program fee:
- Transport to Montpellier and back
- Transport to airport/train station on departing day
- Accommodation. MBS can help you find a suitable accommodation for the duration of your programme, depending on market availability.
- Meals (except those included in the program)
- International insurance
- Activities and visits not included in the programme
Register at : Online Application
Cancellation policy :
– Cancellation by the participant : One month or more prior to the registration deadline : MBS will retain a 50€ registration fee for administration. Less than one month prior to the registration deadline, MBS will retain a 50€ registration fee + 50% of the programme fee.
– Cancellation by MBS : MBS is entitled to cancel the program if the minimum number of participants is not achieved one month prior to the beginning of the program. In this case, we will refund the registration fee and the tuition fee.