BECOME A DOCTOR (Dr.) IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
BROADEN YOUR MANAGEMENT PRACTICES THROUGH RESEARCH
Our Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is intended for management professionals, consultants, entrepreneurs and executives. It is open to candidates who want to accelerate their career and benefit from a theoretical perspective on the issues of their choice while remaining close to the practical considerations of their organisation.
Montpellier Business School DBA is AACSB accredited and delivered in the context of a triply accredited institution (AACSB, EFMD, AMBA) committed to gain more international accreditations in the future.
A DBA degree will enable participants to:
- Be recognized as a Doctor in Business Administration.
- Work on concrete business challenges / issues (including those faced within their respective company), with the support of experienced academic supervisors
- Develop a strong research mindset to understand and solve business problems through the learning of key applied research approaches
- Build strong connections with both the academic world and the private one (through the networking opportunities offered during the course of the DBA).
- Join an alumni network of more than 15,000 graduates from our Business School around the world.
- Put their management practices into perspective.
- Build on latest trends and knowledge in various business areas.
- Meet a growing interest amongst managers for conceptualization, writing, publishing and knowledge transfer.
- Become more attractive to higher education institutions for occasional teaching or an affiliation/ part time contract or even switch to a full time career in academia.
- Publish in recognized academic or professional international journals, increase recognition and visibility.
The DBA is a part time program designed for professionals, effectively minimising the time required away from work to receive a professional doctorate.
The program can be completed in 3 years.
The program has two main components:
- Courses: DBA candidates are assessed on the teaching courses either on-site or online.
- DBA thesis: The final DBA thesis should be around 15,000 words, translated in English if required.
In order to best fit your specific needs, Montpellier Business School has developed two format for our DBAs:
– The cohort format, delivered on various locations globally (China,Africa,…) as part of a cohort (one cohort per year per location)
– The tailored format, designed specifically for each candidate (on going recruitment all year long)
DBA candidates are assessed on the teaching courses either on-site or online.
Each year, candidates’ progress will be assessed by a DBA Supervision Committee. The DBA will be awarded after the defense in front of a Quality Academic Committee. If candidates cannot finish their thesis within the 3 years, it is possible for them to ask for an extension for a fee, up to 2 additional years.
All MBS supervisors frequently publish in top internationally recognized academic journals, referenced in top reference lists such as the FT50 list, CNRS, ABS, ABDC,…(i.e. Academy of Management Review, Journal of Marketing Research, Human Relations, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Banking & Finance..)
All MBS supervisors have experience and/or strong connections with the private sector. They are also experienced in mentoring and training DBA/PhD students. Finally they also write case studies, books and other intellectual contributions as part of their research impact.
See below for more information on some of our academic experts.
- Master’s degree with around 5 years of professional experience or Bachelor’s degree with around 8 years of professional experience.
- Middle or top management experience, consultancy, entrepreneurial ventures,…
- Committed to developing a short research proposal (5 to 10 pages) by the end of year 1.
Our recruitment is very open to the diversity of talents and careers as well as professional situations. Feel free to contact us if you would like more information about your own eligibility.
Process and fees
For information about application process, fees and payment options, please do contact us.
If you are interested in receiving a brochure, please do contact us.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch: