EXPRESS YOUR ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
(45 H - 6 ECTS credits)
Entrepreneurship is not only about setting up a company. Whether in your academic or professional life, occasions are countless where you can invest your projects with passion, discover the power of positive thinking, show your leadership and fulfill your ambitions. Join the MBS Summer School to enhance your skills and spark off creative ideas !
TRAIN YOUR BRAIN WITH DESIGN THINKING
(15 hours of class)
• Innovative thinking is a subject that takes place in all business disciplines, and therefore in marketing. This course searches to achieve a deep knowledge and application of design thinking methodologies to propose pragmatic solutions and innovative product and service ideas. This course will focus on the use of innovative thinking strategies within a holistic, human centered design and collaborative perspective. Students will develop skills as researchers, strategists, observers and storytellers through individual critical thoughts, individual assignment and a collaborative challenge.
Throughout the course, students will experiment a collaborative and multidisciplinary spirit, a special interest in innovative thinking with a human centered approach, and the ability to combine empathy and creativity/innovation in the generation of solutions..
LEARN FROM OTHERS WITH INTERCULTURAL MANAGEMENT
(15 hours of class)
• Given the globalization of business and increasing diversity of workforces, a cross-cultural component in management education is critical to the success of today’s students. The number of managers required to work effectively across cultural borders is constantly on the rise. Therefore, cross-cultural awareness through exposure to cultural business patterns and communication will give students a practical, hands-on approach to cross-cultural concepts.
The ultimate goal of this module is to ensure that students develop pertinent cross-cultural intellectual understanding as well as cross-cultural management skills.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION
(15 hours of class)
• Innovation, although not sufficient, is a necessary prerequisite for the continued survival and development of enterprises. Managerial innovation is a mindset, and creativity is the basis of innovation management.
The objective of this course is to develop student business model innovation skillset and prepare them to become innovative managers, by giving them an understanding of how to be innovative.
Throughout the program, participants will interact in group projects and study cases, where they will apply and experiment the concepts developed in the three modules.
Field trips and extra-curricular activities: make the most of the South of France!
Discover the heart of Montpellier and its’ unique ambiance: a mix of bustling university town, medieval
centre of learning, 19th-century flamboyance, and progressive contemporary city.
Learn to play « Pétanque », the sport that is closest to French hearts !
Relax at the terrasse of a wine bar, in the fading sun, refreshed by a cool breeze…
Field trips to local companies will allow participants to understand the economic strength of Montpellier and surroundings.
Duration: 3 weeks from June 26th to July 13th, 2017
Airport or Train pick up: June 24th and 25th, 2017
Courses start: June 26th, 2017
Courses end: July 13th, 2017
* Accommodations available until July 16th, 2017.
Registration fee: 50€
• Regular program fee: 1,950€
• Early bird fee: 1,750€
(register before April 30th, 2017)
May 1st, 2017 for non-European participants
May 31st, 2017 for European participants
Early bird registration deadline: April 30th, 2017
What’s included in my programme fee:
• Official transcript of records based on the ECTS system. Transcripts will be mailed approximately one month after the end of the program, to the address requested by the student. For additional transcripts, there will be a charge of 25€ for each; additional transcripts will be sent by express airmail
• Cultural and Company visits
• Accomodation in student hall of residence
• Lunches every working day of the program
• Airport or Train station pick up on the indicated dates
• Public transportation card for the duration of the program (valid for public transports in Montpellier and its urban area)
call to : +33 4 6710 6021
Brochure (PDF) & Registration link